I feel like life has been a whirlwind lately! It has been wonderful, but oh my goodness. I feel like it was JUST Halloween and we are almost in to December already! As I sat last week making some future graphics for the church, they are all Christmas graphics, I was filled with so much hope and joy! I just LOVE this time of year!
Lately we have been....
Baking Apple Pies! ....This was SO fun to do with Harper! She was SO proud of our pie!
Decorating for Christmas!...A couple weeks ago, I told Rob I had a VERY serious question to ask him. He took a deep breath and said, "ok"... I'm sure he was thinking I am wanting another baby, or was wanting something expensive. ha. But instead I said..."Can we PLEASSSE decorate for Christmas??!" He laughed. and well... let's say our home is all decked out in Christmas! ♥
Harper is so in to games these days! Her favorite ones right now are hi-ho-cherry-o, buckaroo, candyland, guess who, and we have been teaching her how to play catch phrase (with our help of course). I've also made a few games from some blogs I found on pinterest that have been so fun! I will try to do a post before too long of my pinterest faves as of late.
Making Gingerbread Houses and Gingerbread Men...We made a gingerbread house as a family a week or so ago. It was SO fun and turned out so cute!! Harper did such a great job! We put all the icing on and then she put all the candy on. It seriously looks amazing!
AND... Harper's Ama invited her as well as her cousins over this past weekend for a tea party and gingerbread men making! She had SO much fun!!
This weekend, one of Harper's little friends had her 5th birthday party! It was at Bass Pro's bowling alley... she snacked on yummy pizza and lemonade and of course cake! and got to bowl her first game by herself (well kind of... Daddy was there to help!). She had SO much fun!
Bass Pro is amazing in that they do FREE santa pictures! You get a picture printed off for you, and then if you want more you pay for them. Harper loves Santa, even though we talk about often the true meaning of Christmas and how it is fun to PRETEND that there is a Santa. She gets it. But she loves pretending! And Hayden! I would've bet money on her totally losing it when I sat her on Santa's lap. It must have been because Harper was next to her, but she did great!! Her eyes are bigger than ever, ha!, but she did awesome!
We are so excited for Christmas....
But first. Thanksgiving! True, we already have our home all decked out for Christmas...but we are hosting Thanksgiving this year, so we have that first. And I really do LOVE Thanksgiving.
We got our first snow of the season last week. We have been breaking records this year for temps as well as the longest no snow fall. It's been nice, but it hasn't felt like the holidays yet... until last week. It was a mess though. It's been so warm that it didn't really stick and just got all icy as the temps dropped in the evening. I was SO thankful we didn't have to get out in it.
As far as Christmas goes, I've been doing a little shopping here and there for the girls. We are on a tight budget (one of these days I'll do a post on Christmas on a budget... so many tricks up my sleeve so our girls still have a fantastic Christmas without it breaking our bank account. I seriously think I've spent maybe around $20 on both of them, and they're set!), so that helps to do it a little at a time... I seriously started months ago! So now really, we just have other family members to buy for and if we see anything else for the girls that's great. But they're mostly done.
So back to our little miss Hayden...
Hayden is definitely her own little person! As similar as she is to Harper most of the time, they are SO different!
At 8 months Hayden....
- still nurses 4-6 times a day.
- eats 2-3 meals a day of baby food/baby cereal.
- she LOVES: squash, mixed veggies, turkey, apples, pears, raspberries, blueberries, carrots, and her latest favorite - mac n cheese with mixed veggies!
- we've tried finger foods (puffs, cheese puffs, yogurt bites, etc. she thinks they are the weirdest things ever!)
- still isn't a bottle fan, but has started showing interest in a sippy cup.
- has begun to show signs of dropping her 3rd morning nap. It's getting so short!!!
- can sit and pull herself around where she wants. And will pull up if it's to get to mommy. But still no crawling!
- LOVE.LOVE.LOVESSSS her mommy!!! and her mommy feels the same way about her ♥
- will sit and play by herself with her toys for an extended amount of time. it is so sweet!
- she LOVES peek-a-boo and will put toys "in" something and take toys "out" when mommy talks to her about it. She is a smarty pants already. Just like big sister!
- thinks her daddy is pretty cool. she immediately looks at him and smiles when she wakes up in the morning. usually followed with da-da-da-daaaa!!!
- is big sister's biggest fan!