So, Rob & I headed down to Hobby Lobby and basically the party took on its own life, ha! I picked up a few key things I liked from there and built on that. We got everything at either hobby lobby, dollar tree, or party city! - all cheap! ... and all disposable! all the clear trays are plastic from the dollar tree. I wanted an easy quick clean up!
At first I was a little annoyed that Valentines stuff was everywhere as I was trying to plan a party, then I decided to actually use that to my advantage! Girly pink and purple, hearts and balloons... what better!?
We put all the cake and sweet goodies on the table and then had a spread of appetizer-ish foods on the kitchen bar counter.
- little cupcake shaped boxes (hobby lobby), filled with pirates booty (trader joes version.... it's one of Harper's favorite snacks)
- little pink and white polka dot bowls, (also from hobby lobby), some filled with animal crackers, some with the pirates booty
- cupcake stands on each end of table - I picked these up from the dollar tree - they sold at hobby lobby for $10! I got 2 for $2! They weren't the cupcake design, but still purple and pink and girlie!
- gluten free Oreos dipped in white almond bark (also gluten free) with pink icing on top (also gluten free). *Harper's grandpa and a few of our close friends are gluten free, so we wanted to have several gluten free options for them - how awful to attend a birthday party and not be able to eat anything!!! I had some cute chalkboard heart stickers, so on all gluten free things I put those with the initials GF on them in chalk.
- pink wafer cookies with almond bark and girlie sprinkles (valentine sprinkles I picked up from the Target dollar spot)
- gluten free cupcakes in the middle - they were SO pretty!!
- pink over sized gum balls (party city) - in a dollar store glass jar
- pretty pink swirled lollipops (party city) - in a dollar store glass jar
- abby cadabby napkins (party city) - the one girly sesame street touch
- pink plastic wear and white and pink plates (target dollar spot)
She lit up as everyone sang happy birthday to her and she got to "blow out" her candle with the help of her cousin, Levi... and then dig into her cupcake! Harper loves being the center of attention, so this was right up her alley!
Here are a few more pictures from her day, Rob has a lot more on his phone that I need to get from him... mommy decided to let this be the day she didn't charge her phone (mommy fail!):